Very often, the only correct solution to the issue of destroying information that is no longer needed is formatting. Formatting a phone on an Android OS is not as difficult as it seems at first glance, and this article will teach you this tricky action.
Table of Contents
Why format a phone on Android
The undoubted advantage of OC Android – A variety of mobile applications, entertaining and useful, facilitating the life of the user day after day. Many applications are completely inexpensive or completely free, so owners of smartphones can download them in huge numbers. Overloading devices with irrelevant or similar in functionality programs, users destabilize the operation of their gadgets. After several years or even months of operation, the device begins to work with violations, slow down, performance indicators are reduced.
The traditional solution to such problems is to remove some applications from the device. However, these actions do not bring a positive effect. Even after deletion, some application files remain in the system, which become the main factor slowing down the activity of OC Android.
To restore performance at the proper level, it is recommended to format the system, in full or in fragments. But it is important not only to know how to format an android, but also to do it correctly.
Android formatting with built-in tools (manual)
The usual and most applicable formatting method is manual reset to factory settings. This method is also popular because it is easy to execute and brings results quickly. However, this measure is radical, along with broken files and garbage from the system, all other necessary data will be deleted. In this regard, an important tip: before the operation, you need to make a backup copy of all those files that will be needed in the future. At the same time, the formatting process will not affect the data that is stored on a removable memory card.
Manual formatting can be done in several different ways. When choosing the first method, you must adhere to the following algorithm:
- Go to the "Settings" on the device.
- Find the item “Recovery and reset” or “Privacy”.
- Find the item "Reset settings", activate it.
- Confirm the execution of this command on the smartphone.
- The formatting process starts.
- Reboot device.
When choosing the second method, the following algorithm:
- Go to Dialer.
- Dial a special code. This is the easiest way for those who do not want to figure out how to format an Android phone for a long time.
Several valid character combinations are known. For example, you can use this: * 2767 * 3855 #.
- After activating the code, the formatting process will begin.
When choosing the third method, you need to follow the following algorithm:
- Switch to Recovery mode by pinching the key combination on the device. For different manufacturers, the key combination is different, but in most cases it is necessary to clamp simultaneously the volume rocker in the direction of decreasing or increasing and the on / off button.
- In Recovery mode, find the file Clear flash or wipe data / factory reset or Clear eMMC and activate it. Depending on the device manufacturer, the file name is different.
- Activate the yes – delete all user data commands.
- Wait until the formatting process is complete.
- Reboot the device by activating the “Reboot system” command.
Android formatting apps
The most popular ones are listed below:
- Root booster. The system optimizer achieves good results by reconfiguring system components, deleting temporary files, empty folders, application garbage, clearing the cache and supporting hibernation mode.
- Application manager. The program organizes and analyzes applications for performance, in addition, provides the ability to delete programs in whole groups at the same time.
- Total Commander. The well-known file manager is filled with a huge number of functions, including the fact that it completely removes folder directories without using a recycle bin.
What format does Android format?
Android system has the ability to format the device in several file system formats.
The most common file systems:
- FAT 32. Most Android OS devices work in this format. It is characterized by good speed, performance. Many FAT32 files are easily read by peripheral players, so the smartphone can be used as a standard flash drive.
- exFAT. In fact, this format is an improved copy of FAT32 that has no limitations. What is the size of the files and their number in one folder does not matter for this format.
- NTFS. A modern file format that is now supported by many personal computers. NTFS better protects information, and the size of downloaded files is not limited as in FAT32.
The format of the files on the device after formatting depends on the user. To do this, follow the algorithm:
- Go to the "Settings".
- Open the "Memory" section.
- Find the item “Memory Settings”.
- Find and activate the "Format memory card" command.
- Change the format to the required one.
How to format a card for android
In devices that support the Android operating system, there are frequent cases of problems with a removable memory card. If errors occur in the file system, OC Android offers to format the card. Also, there is a need to format the card with a decrease in performance and application speed, the presence of dead files, slow copying and other problems.
You can format the card yourself using one of several known methods. However, before starting formatting, it is recommended that you back up the files and charge the battery by more than 50 percent.
According to the first method of formatting a memory card, you need to follow this algorithm:
- In the device menu, find and go to the "Settings" item.
- Select “Memory”.
- Scroll information about the device’s memory usage, find the item “Memory card” or “External storage”.
- Go to the submenu of the memory card and scroll through the statistical information.
- Find the “Remove Card” command and activate it. If there is no such command on the device, skip this step.
- Exit and go back to settings. If the “Remove Card” command is not on the device, skip this step.
- Find the “Clear Map” command and activate it.
- Confirm action if necessary.
According to the second method of formatting the card, you need to adhere to the following algorithm:
- Disconnect device.
- Remove the card from the slot.
- Connect the card to the laptop using a card reader built into the computer, or external.
- Click on the “My Computer” icon (there are other options for the name).
- Right click on the SD icon.
- Select the "Format" function.
- Select the desired formatting format.
- Mark the checkbox opposite the “Quick” command (there are other options for the name of the team).
- Run the “Start” command.
It remains only to wait for the completion of the process and the memory card of the mobile device will be fully formatted.