Hello! Recently, I ran into a rather unusual problem – on my iPhone the icons of several applications turned gray and the word “waiting” or “cleaning” appeared at the bottom. Usually this happens when updating the program – it starts to download again, the inscription “waiting” (this is if your system language is not changed to Russian) appears, after a few seconds disappears and the download starts. A standard situation in general.
But this time it was different. There were several such “waiting” applications and, despite a good Internet connection, the download did not start. Yes there loading! Even uninstalling these programs in various ways failed. A strange problem, but it can and should be solved. Now we find out how, let’s go!
Naturally, despite the fact that iPhone appears in the title of the article, all of the following methods will work on the iPad, iPod Touch and any other Apple device using the iOS operating system (you never know what else it will release :))
Table of Contents
The application is pending? Reboot will help!
Let’s start with the simplest options and gradually move on to more complex ones. And the easiest and most accessible manipulation will be a regular reboot of the device. Yes, yes, this is the most popular solution that has helped many. Just reboot your device and with a high degree of probability after that the inscription "waiting" from the application icon will disappear and the download will resume.
Why and in what cases does it work? Most likely, you are trying to update or download a large-volume application via a cellular network, and Apple simply does not allow this and the applications “hang”. So, rebooting is one of the points to solve this problem. More about this in this article.
Downloading programs? Pause and start downloading again!
- Go to the App Store.
- We are looking for an application that is stuck in a standby state.
- Click the install button.
- The application is updated or reinstalled.
By the way, if something is not located, then try to restart the App Store and reset its cache. There is a very interesting way for this.
Logging in and out of your account will solve the problem of hung applications
Sometimes, just logging out of your Apple ID account and logging in again. One of the most universal ways – even helps get rid of errors with Apple ID servers! What can I say about some pending programs 🙂
The algorithm of actions is simple – first we exit the account:
- Open the settings.
- Click iTunes Store, App Store.
- At the top we see our Apple ID, click on it.
- Log off.
For fidelity, we reboot and repeat all the steps in reverse order, i.e. go to the account on your phone or tablet.
Not fully downloaded applications? We use iTunes!
You can try to download programs to the end using iTunes. To do this, perform the following steps:
- We connect iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- We are waiting for iTunes to detect the device.
- Click on the application tab.
- We perform synchronization.
After that, in iTunes you can manage all the programs that are on your device. Including "waiting." We are trying to update, delete or download them again.
A few more reasons to “wait” for applications on iPhone and iPad
If all the previous methods did not help, then there are a few more points that you should pay attention to.
- Check your Internet connection and try connecting to another Wi-Fi network.
- There may well be problems on the side of Apple and its servers. You can find out whether everything is good now with the services of the company from this article.
- In some cases, applications actually download, but so slowly that it is not noticeable! But you can speed up the download – read about it here!
- Check the available memory on the device. With each new version, programs increase in size and for their installation, there may simply not be enough free space. By the way, that’s why, besides the inscription “waiting”, under the application you can see the word “cleaning”.
- Such problems can also be caused by a security account that has been blocked by an Apple ID, an unlock guide. Why is this happening? Because applications begin to download – the account does not pass the test – and everything stops, put on “pause” until you confirm the account.
As you can see, the methods are quite diverse and there is no single solution. Reboot helps someone, other actions help someone. But at the same time, they are simple enough and trying them absolutely everything will not take much time!