How to disable auto brightness on iPhone? Why does the brightness on the iPhone itself change? Auto brightness – setting the screen on the iPhone and iPad, which forces the device to automatically change the brightness of the display depending on the ambient lighting conditions. For example, in the sun or in bright light the screen adjusts and increases the brightness for better visibility, and in a poorly lit room or outdoors in the dark, the brightness decreases. So the brightness on the iPhone itself changes.
Auto brightness in iOS can also extend battery life by adjusting the brightness on an iPhone or iPad depending on the ambient light.
Some users turn off auto brightness, and some leave it turned on on their iPad or iPhone. However, in iOS 11, auto brightness was transferred from the standard display settings to deeper iOS settings. This led some users to think that there was no auto brightness in iOS 11, but in fact it was simply moved.
In this article, we will describe in detail how to adjust the brightness on any iPhone.
How to adjust the brightness on the iPhone using the “Control Center”?
The main brightness adjustment is located in the Control Center, as always.
- Swipe in from the bottom of the screen to activate the Control Center.
- Move the brightness slider up or down to change the brightness.
Also, the brightness of the iPhone can be changed through the settings, to do this, do the following:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Screen and brightness”.
- To change the brightness of the screen, move the “Brightness” slider.
Previously, in this section, you could turn off the automatic brightness on the iPhone, but in iOS 11, it was transferred.
Additional brightness settings on iPhone and iPad
If you want to adjust the brightness in smaller divisions or control the Night mode, you need to press and hold or use 3D Touch on the brightness slider.
Here’s how to increase brightness on iPhone 6S and newer:
- Swipe in from the bottom of the screen to activate the “Control Center”.
- Tap (on iPhone 6s or later) or tap and hold the brightness slider to expand it.
- Slide your finger up or down on the brightness slider to change the brightness of the display.
- Touch the “Night Mode” button to turn it on or off.
How to enable or disable auto brightness on iPhone?
In iOS 11, auto brightness is now in the “Universal Access” settings section. Here’s how to turn off auto brightness on an iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” application, go to “Basic” and then to “Universal access”.
- Select “Display Adaptation”.
- Find the “Auto Brightness” setting and turn it on or off as needed.
In the display adaptation settings, it is mentioned that “Turning off the auto brightness can affect the battery life”, especially if you increase the brightness of the device quite a bit, but then turn off the automatic correction feature to reduce it. If you quickly run out of battery with iOS 11 or have other problems with it, then you probably shouldn’t turn off auto-brightness, but instead leave it on and switch other features, such as using geolocation and background applications.
If it matters, the auto brightness used to be in the “Screen and brightness” settings section, but for some unknown reason it was moved deeper into the access settings in new versions of iOS 11. Keep this in mind when using this function on different devices with different versions of iOS since moving options confuses users and raises questions like “where did the auto brightness go?” Now you know!
Here is the video instruction – “How to turn off automatic brightness on iPhone and iPad in iOS 11”: