Hello. Here we will talk about how to perform reset mi account on redmi 3/ 3s / 3 pro / 3 note / 3 note pro / prime and others. But in fact, on any xiaomi device, for example, my redmi 3 pro.
Since there is so little information on the Internet, especially about the redmi 3 pro model, that it causes some bewilderment (for example, when I started looking for where the test point on this board is located on the board, even in English and official forums this information was not available or the question remained unanswered).
So, I was faced with the problem of a tied mi account, when I decided to upgrade my redmi to custom miui pro firmware, since the stock one knowingly lied and caused fierce hatred, because for me there is nothing worse than a hanging phone … After flashing through custom recovery TWRP, which was already on the phone, along with the unlocked bootloader, and probably the root on the android, since it did not have a bunch of stock applications that the previous owner allegedly kindly deleted, the phone suddenly got stuck on the basic settings page, on the mi activation screen but account I didn’t even know about. The fact is that before that, when I went into the mi account section in the settings, the phone was simply thrown to the desktop, and I did not even know about the presence of a binding and did not bother to find out. The phone was bought in Kiev with hands, because everything could be here. And such things should be checked immediately upon purchase. In my case, I didn’t even realize that Xiaomi was copying from Apple not only the appearance, form factors and other things for its devices, but also the security system by the same analogy (icloud). Yes, and there was no time to understand this – I just bought a phone and that’s it.
In general, I received a phone that did not work due to the activation window, on which it was proposed to enter a password, from an account closed with asterisks. Miui 8 was installed on the device before and after. I suspect that the previous owner simply deleted the mi account application from the phone using root. But the trick here is that as long as you don’t flash the phone, linking to your account will not go anywhere and will chase you all your life to fly onto the screen and stop using the phone every time you reflash, after inserting the SIM card into the phone. Then I started looking for solutions, decided to put another android on the phone, but the phone unexpectedly rebooted from recovery mode, formatted, and got into the bootloop, rebooting cyclically, and the recovery mode did not open. I had to sit over it, find a way to enter edl mode, for firmware with miflash, then this firmware itself failed, always ending with error’s from the very beginning. As a result, the phone stopped even entering edl, and I gave it to the service. There he was stitched and restored by boxing. Moreover, the phone was formatted completely, even without imei. And everything seems to be fine, I got normal miui 8 global last week, but when I inserted the SIM card with Wi-Fi, I again greeted the activation window, which did not even let me turn off the phone.
So, let’s go straight to the way to unblock this trouble, or rather someone else’s tied mi account, or yours, phone or password from which you forgot.
- Turn off the device. If you can’t do it in the usual way (as I had), turn off the other one: open the device with a credit card, unscrew it with a Phillips screwdriver and remove the protective metal bumper, snap off the battery cable and snap it back. The second way is as follows: we hold down the three side buttons at the same time and wait until the phone restarts in diag mode, the picture with the phone connected via usb will not be displayed and reboot again until the mi icon disappears on the screen.
- Install on the computer Mi PC Suite, as well as XiaoMiFlash, My old MiFlash 2015.10.28 specifically worked for me. Download the firmware and unpack the archive into a folder.
- I describe a shamanistic, but working way of translating the device into edl mode for flashing (since the way through fastboot it didn’t work for me): open the device manager, the COM Ports tab, turn off the phone and connect it via a usb cable (preferably the original one) to the computer, but we’ll insert it halfway and not completely. Next, hold down the + and – volume buttons and snap the cable all the way into the connector. The device should be displayed in the manager:
- Open as administrator Miflash, click Browse and specify the path to the folder with the firmware. Next, click the Refresh and Flash buttons.
- After successful sewing, disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it on. The first boot usually takes a long time. We set the initial settings and enjoy a clean, unlocked phone. Further, I recommend to bind your new mi account, and remember / write the password, for example, in the OnePassword utility, so as not to forget. &# 128578;
- The phone has miui 7.2.7 eu stable. Now, if you wish, you can upgrade to miui 8 and go under your mi account, which, frankly, I don’t want to do anything, as everything works so far perfectly and stably.