Xiaomi Mi and Redmi users can now easily unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note password / PIN / pattern, in order to unlock the corresponding smartphones, follow the following procedure.
There are many reasons why your Mi phone is locked due to unnecessary attempts. Sometimes, when you put your mobile phone in your pocket, it locks. If you forget to turn off the screen or even locks for children, sometimes playing with it. But now you can easily get rid of this situation by simply resetting the Xiaomi Redmi Note password / PIN / graphic key on your phone and MIUI 7. Also see how to reset Xiaomi Redmi to factory settings?
Note. The following heading is for those with a Mi mobile phone signed into your Google or Xiaomi account and connected to the Internet.
Table of Contents
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note password if forgot it?
1. After continuously entering the wrong password for 5 times, you will see a screen with the message “Phone is locked” with the option “Forgot password” at the bottom.
2. Now you need to click "Forgot Password".
3. If you are logged into Google or Xiaomi accounts on your device, you can choose any to reset your password.
4. After selection, enter a valid password for this account and click "Login."
5. That’s it! Now you can set a new password / PIN / pattern for your Redmi and Mi mobile.
The above method is the only way to reset the forgotten password on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phone without data loss. Another way to access your device in the event of a phone lock due to the number of incorrect attempts is to not restart the device. But at the same time, all your mobile data will be deleted (media, contacts, applications, accounts). How to unlock Xiaomi bootloader on a smartphone?
To perform a hard reset, turn off the phone and load it into user recovery (Power + Volume up keys together). After recovery, select “Clear data” / “Restore factory settings” and confirm the action with the “Power” button. After that, reboot the device in system mode. Now the device will be restored to the factory settings. How to make a hard Xiaomi reset to factory settings?
Xiaomi Redmi Note password reset or hard reset
- Turn off the device by pressing the power button.
- Hold down the volume up key + power key.
- Using the volume keys, select the language and confirm with the power button.
- Choose “Erase & Reset. " (fastboot & recovery)
- Select the “Erase All Data” option. (recovery)
- Select "Yes."
- First turn off the device by pressing the power button briefly.
- Go to Settings, then find and select “Backup and reset”.
- Then select Reset Factory Data.
- Then select “Reset Device” and select “Erase All” to confirm the entire operation.
- Well done! You have just completed a hard reset operation!
How to restore factory settings on Xiaomi Redmi Note password?
If you forget your Xiaomi Redmi Note password to protect privacy. You probably cannot access the hidden folder, hidden album, enable / disable child mode, etc. on your Xiaomi device. Here is a list of suggestions that allow you to bypass or reset the Xiaomi Redmi Note password.
Copy all your files (photos, songs, documents, videos, etc.) to your computer and use the built-in local backup function to back up your phone settings, applications and application data. Note. You might want to move the folder for this backup to your computer.
- Now you can restore the phone to factory settings with the following steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Advanced Settings > Backup and reset > Factory Reset > Phone reset. Warning. Resetting the settings on your phone will delete all settings, files and data on your phone.
When you finish the reset, you can restore the backup, copy the files to your phone and set a new Xiaomi Redmi Note password to protect privacy. See another article: how to unlock Xiaomi Redmi 4 password?
II. Use a fingerprint.
If your Xiaomi device comes with a fingerprint sensor, you can use your fingerprints to open a hidden folder, hidden album, enable / disable child mode, etc. Here’s how to do it:
- If you have not registered a fingerprint, go to Device Settings > Lock Screen and Password > Add a fingerprint and follow the on-screen instructions to register your fingerprints.
- When you are finished registering, turn on the Privacy Password check box.
- Now you can open a hidden folder, a hidden album, enable / disable child mode, etc., without knowing the password of your privacy protection.
Reset privacy password with ADB command
If your Xiaomi device is embedded, you can reset the Xiaomi Redmi Note privacy password using the ADB command, which I learned from the MIUI developer from the Chinese forum.
Below are the general steps to complete this step: (Note: You need to learn how to root your phone, install the ADB tool on your computer and use ADB on the command line or in the terminal window yourself.)
Warning: Do this at your own risk. This may void your phone’s warranty. I and no one else are responsible if you close your device.
- On the root phone, enable the "Debug" function (in the developer settings) and connect it to the computer with the ADB tool.
Adb shell settings
set secure privacy protection_password_is_open 0
settings put secure access access_control_lock_enabled 0
Remember to share with your friends via Facebook and Twitter and let them know when their Mi phone is locked. If you know any other ways to reset or bypass a privacy password on your Xiaomi device, share it in the comments.