After upgrading to iOS 11/12, I cannot import photos from my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to my computer. The reason is that the computer does not recognize the device or the iOS 11 trial version is not very stable. Most often, you take a lot of pictures, sooner or later the memory of your iPhone will be full. Transferring photos to your computer will free up some of the iPhone’s memory. And how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, now we will talk about it.
Table of Contents
Tenorshare iCareFone program has 5 parts, the user will be able to transfer to the "File Manager". Very simple and easy. While the software will allow you to scan data on iPhone XS / X / 8/7/6/5/4 by file type, you can quickly find the data that you want to synchronize. Not only that, if you want to add music to your computer with an iPhone, and not all the data using Tenorshare iCareFone, this is the right and free choice.
This software supports iOS 12/11/10.
1. Download and install iPhone Care Pro from the official website. Run it. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. In the main window of the program you will be asked to select the type of data transfer. From 9 data for transfer, you need to select “Photo” by checking the box next to this item. You can transfer photos, music, iBooks, videos, notes, and calendars.
3. Next, click "Export." Data import to PC / Mac will begin, the first is to select the files you need and click "Export." By default, these files are saved to a folder on your hard drive. You can also create a saved folder yourself.
In addition, there are several ways to transfer photos. You can choose any of them that you like.
How to copy photos from iPhone to Win / Mac via iTunes
ITunes itself is not designed to work with photos. However, it is possible to synchronize images using the program "Photo".
1. Launch iTunes. Connect iPhone. Click on the icon of the connected device in iTunes.
2. In the panel on the left side in the window of the iTunes program click "Photo". Mark item "Synchronize".
3. Select a directory for synchronization. Run command "apply". And performs the transfer of photos.
How to transfer photos from an iPhone to a computer via a USB cable
Open the Start menu – My Computer on the computer. In the section with removable devices, double-click the iPhone icon.
A folder appears that gives you access to the internal memory of your iPhone. All videos and videos from your phone or tablet are stored here. However, working with other media files, such as music, will require the use of the notorious iTunes.
How to transfer photos using My Photo Stream
Apple has released a very useful feature that can directly access your photos without directly connecting your iOS device to your computer. However, it is worth paying attention to the fact that this method works exclusively with photographs. You will have to use another method to transfer the captured videos.
To access this function, you must first activate it. To do this, click “Photo Stream” on your smartphone or tablet through “Settings” – “Photo and Camera” – “My Photo Stream”.
Now, to view photos on a computer running Windows, download the iCloud for Windows program and log in with your account.
An iCloud folder will appear on the computer, in which all photos taken on the smartphone will automatically appear.
How to take a photo using iCloud Media Library
1. Download iCloud for Windows. Open iCloud for Windows.
2. Click on the “Options” button next to “Photos.” Select iCloud Media Library.
3. Click Finish, and then click Apply. Turn on your iCloud Library on all of your Apple devices.
After turning on your iCloud library, you can add the iCloud icon for Windows to the status bar to track the progress of sending and downloading. Right-click the status bar in Windows Explorer and enable iCloud for Windows.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via mail
You can send photos to your e-mail inbox, and then save them to your computer by opening the sent letter. This method does not need a third utility. And you need an internet connection. Secondly, in this way it is inconvenient to send a lot of pictures.
Step 1. Go to Photographic film and press the button Choose. We select the photos to be sent by mail.
Note. You can attach only 5 photos at a time.
Step 2. Press the button in the lower left corner (square and up arrow) and select Mail from the menu that opens. Now it remains to enter your email account and send an email.