Apple devices quite often get into the service center due to the failure of the phone with a charger. The reasons for the failure of such a plan can be many. The case may be in the charger, battery or charger connector. But to repair such a malfunction is necessary only if the appropriate equipment and skills are available.
Reasons why the charging connector (Lightning) iPhone (iPhone) does not work
The failure of the charger connector can occur for many reasons and is purely individual. Among the most common:
- Mechanical impact on the case or individual elements of the phone. Quite often, smartphones are hit or dropped, which negatively affect the performance of the device. As a result of such damage, loops may be disconnected or the motherboard may be damaged. Also quite often with a malfunction of the Lightning connector, the charger cord is torn apart, which can also occur when the iPhone falls during the battery charging process.
- Moisture on the case and penetration into the smartphone. As you know, the interaction of a metal with water results in oxidation. Oxidation processes when they appear on the contacts of a loop or microchip can lead to a short circuit and damage to the connector of the charger.
- Physical effects on the iPhone that are independent of the owner. Such reasons include sudden changes in voltage in the network, temperature indicators. It’s not a secret for anyone that power surges in our country’s power grids are quite common. Such jumps can cause irreparable harm to your iPhone – from the failure of soldering on the board to the burning out of entire system blocks, individual elements and microcircuits. If the phone has been subjected to sudden voltage drops, sometimes even replacing the charging connector may not solve the problem.
- Natural battery wear. Many may find that a battery malfunction does not apply to the charger connector, but it is not. If the battery is very worn, charging may not be possible when the charger is connected. The owner immediately sins on the connector, but the reason is the full battery life.
Accordingly, in order to establish the cause of the phone’s failure to charge, it is necessary to diagnose malfunctions. For self-diagnosis, you can use the following methods:
- Connect another charger to avoid adapter defect. If the working charger also refuses to charge the iPhone, then the problem is in the phone itself.
- Try to synchronize your smartphone with a personal computer. If, when connected to iTunes, the computer gives an error or there is no USB connection at all, then almost certainly the problem lies in the device’s charging connector.
- Visual inspection Quite often, the phone refuses to work with the charger through the banal clogging of the connector. Therefore, you must carefully inspect the charging socket. Most iPhone owners carry them in their pocket, given the relative insecurity of the connector, the likelihood of foreign bodies getting in is quite high.
Repair methods when the charging connector (Lightning) iPhone (iPhone) does not work
The only way to self-repair the probable cause of the malfunction of the charger socket is to clean it. The connector can only be cleaned with non-metallic tools. In everyday life, the most suitable tool is a wooden toothpick. But the most competent solution is to contact the service center.
Repairing a charger connector with a company Apple–Sapphire
If preliminary diagnostics of the device indicate a breakdown in the adapter’s jack or did not help establish the cause of the phone’s failure with the charger, feel free to contact the Apple-Sapphire Service Center. Repair masters will perform a complete diagnosis and “ringing” of your device, and if necessary, replace the charger connector.