After buying a new Samsung, instead of the old smartphone, you will need to restore all the data from the phone book. This can be done manually, by entering each contact individually. However, if you are a sociable person and many numbers are stored on your device, it may take a lot of time to complete this procedure. That is why the Android OS provides special tools to transfer contacts from phone to phone in minutes.
Table of Contents
Ways to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung
In addition to manually copying each number, you can transfer contacts between Android devices in the following ways:
- using the “Import / Export” procedure built into Android;
- via Samsung Smart Switch Mobile;
- through the Google virtual drive.
Copying the phone book with standard Android features
The easiest and fastest way to transfer numbers from Samsung to Samsung is to copy them to a SIM card. To move contacts from your phone to a SIM, you need to:
- Launch the “Contacts” program (it by default integrates into all versions of Android).
- Open its properties and select the “Import / Export” function.
- In the list that appears, click “Export to SIM card”.
The copy procedure will take some time. After its completion, all numbers available on the old smartphone will be recorded on the SIM card. You just have to install the card in a new mobile phone.
The only drawback of this method is that SIM cards have limited capacity, that is, all contacts on the SIM card may not fit. The way out of this situation is to create a file with a backup of the phone book and then copy it to a new smartphone:
- Using the “Import / Export” procedure, save all numbers from the SIM card on the old device.
- Create a backup copy of the phone book on an internal or external drive using one of the available functions.
- The file with all the numbers will be called “Contacts.vcf” and located in the storage / emulated / 0 / folder. You need to transfer it to a new smartphone via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a computer, and then resort to the “Import from internal memory” or “Import from SD memory card” tool and specify the path to the desired file.
Transfer contacts to Samsung via Smart Switch Mobile
When considering how to copy contacts from Samsung to Samsung, the Smart Switch Mobile program should be highlighted. It allows you to back up user data, update Samsung Galaxy firmware and send information from one mobile device to another.
Before transferring contacts from Android to Android, you need to install Smart Switch Mobile on the receiving and transmitting device, as well as activate the wireless modules (the transfer will be carried out via Wi-Fi network). After that it is necessary:
- Run the application on both devices and agree to the license terms.
- On the old and new gadget, click "From Android to Galaxy".
- On the transmitter, note the data that needs to be moved, and on the receiver, confirm the download.
After copying, all numbers from the phone book will be displayed on the new smartphone.
Transfer contacts through the Google virtual drive
You can use Google Cloud Storage to transfer phone numbers from your old mobile phone to a new one. The procedure will be as follows:
- Link your old smartphone to your existing Google account (if it hasn’t been done before).
- In the account settings, select the items that you want to synchronize with the virtual disk, and click "Sync". For successful copying, the Internet must be connected to the phone.
- Then bind a new device to the same account and synchronize. After that, all numbers from the old smartphone should appear in the phone book.
Having figured out how to transfer all contacts from Samsung to Samsung, you can easily copy all the information from the phone book to a new device. And if you have a backup of numbers or when synchronization is turned on, you can restore contacts even if the phone is lost or out of order.