An important stage in the transition from windows phone to android is transferring contacts. In this article, you will learn about the available ways to move the phone book, with and without a computer.
Table of Contents
Instructions on how to transfer contacts through the Outlook service
Method 1: Using a Computer
- Create an Outlook account on your windows phone smartphone to sync contacts.
- If you created an account earlier and synchronization is activated in the settings, go to the Outlook website. Next, log in using your username and password.
- After getting into the corresponding menu, click on the "Management" tab.
- In the pop-up list, select “Export contacts”, after which the file “contacts.csv” will be downloaded to the PC.
- Go to the Google Contacts service, where you log in under the account where you want to transfer contacts.
- In the menu on the left, select "Import contacts", after which a window will appear asking you to specify the location of the file in CSV or vCard format.
- Confirm the action by clicking the "Import" button.
Method 2: If Google services are missing or not working
The technique described above allows you to do without a computer and do the above actions using only mobile devices. Next, consider the option of transferring contacts from windows phone to android when there is no Google account. For example, you have not decided on the name of the mail, the phone does not have preinstalled services or is missing.
- Perform the actions from "Method 1", up to point 4 inclusive.
- Transfer the “contacts.csv” file to your Android smartphone in any way possible.
- Next, on your Android device, launch any file manager and find the file with contacts.
- Click on the file, select the necessary entries or mark all contacts with one button, then click “Export”.
- All contacts will be saved in the phone’s memory, after which it’s enough to create an account and synchronize the contacts.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts via Gmail
- Go to the settings of the device running Windows Phone. Select Mail + Accounts.
- In the new window, click on "Add Service", where select Google.
- Click on the "Connect" button, and then enter the login and password for your Google account – Gmail, where you want to transfer contacts.
- Give the system the requested rights.
- Go to the newly added account and make sure that the "contacts" are marked for future synchronization.
- After adding an account to Android smartphone and account synchronization, entries will automatically appear in the directory.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts using a computer
- Install the Contacts Backup app on your Windows Phone smartphone.
- In the program, mark the necessary visible parameters.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Wait until the link to the file with contacts is formed. After download the file from the link.
- Download the file through a computer, and then copy the smartphone to Android using any available method.
- On the new phone, using the file manager, find and unzip the contacts. To do this, once click on the file, mark the required entries, and then click on the "Export" button.
It is rational to use the service Outlook and / or Gmail to quickly transfer contacts. The Gmail method does not require additional actions at all if you have an account on your smartphone with Windows Phone and synchronization is activated. This is a convenient way to quickly transfer contacts in case the phone is lost or does not work.
If you still have questions, then in the block below “User Comments” you can ask the author a question, leave a comment or share your experience. We will try to answer.