Deleting an Mi account on Xiaomi will help change the account to another registration. Actual in the case of buying a smartphone from hand, where you want to replace the data of the previous owner with your own profile. The article will give all the ways to solve the problem with illustrative examples.
Table of Contents
Access removal methods
The presence of a username and password allows you to untie the account or completely delete it. Unbinding frees email and phone number from a valid account. In this case, the profile itself will be located on the servers, but the owner will not be able to use it.
Attention! Complete deletion implies the deletion of all account data. It disappears from everywhere, and it will not work to restore it.
The process of untying a phone number does not occur immediately. In this regard, problems may arise: when trying to enter a new profile, the Xiaomi smartphone will ask for the password from the old account. Only a company support service can help here.
This method of untying Mi account from the phone is very simple and is performed in several steps. To quickly delete data, you must:
1) Go to the smartphone settings. To do this, you need to slide the top curtain down and click on the gear icon.
2) Enter the section called “Mi account”.
3) In it, at the bottom of the page, find a line called "Logout".
4) Next, click "Delete", confirm the action and wait for the notification that the account is untied from the device and all data is erased.
It is worth noting that the data can be left by pressing the appropriate button, however, this is undesirable, as it will be stored on Xiaomi sites and can be hacked over time.
It is possible to completely delete Mi account even from the server. This procedure is more complicated and will require the use of a PC to enter the company’s website. To perform it is necessary:
2) After clicking the “Login” button, a page with confirmation of deletion will open. In it, you need to check the consent to delete data with a tick, and then click on the "Delete Mi Account" button.
Attention! A complete removal on the site must be done only after untying the account from the device. Otherwise, errors may occur.
This circumstance excites many users, especially if the smartphone was purchased on the market of used models. Do not despair. The device can be restored even if there is no password or login.
There are two ways to restore or unlock a smartphone with someone else’s profile without knowing any required data:
- Enter recovery mode on your smartphone and reset to factory settings. All information from the smartphone will be completely deleted. This information includes music, videos, applications, photos, and more.
- Perform a flashing of the smartphone. In other words, completely reinstall the operating system in it. This method is more likely to fix the problem.
Attention! None of these methods guarantee a complete deletion of the account and its decoupling from the device without repeated errors. However, in 99% of cases, this solution helps users. And you can count on success even if you have not found a username and password.
Reset device to factory settings
It is preliminary recommended that you save all passwords and logins from your Google account so as not to register it again. When all the information is transferred to other devices or memory cards, you can safely proceed to the procedure for deleting a profile by restoring factory settings. To do this, you need:
- Remove the SIM card and memory card from the smartphone.
- Enter the device’s “Settings”.
- Find there an item called "Advanced Settings" and click on it.
- At the end of the list, select "Recovery and reset."
- Next, click on the "Reset Settings" item.
- Select the column “Personal data” in it. After clicking on it, confirm the reset.
The phone will restart automatically, which will take a lot of time. After it starts again, no data from the old registration will remain.
By flashing the device, almost always untying Mi account completes successfully. First you need to download the firmware for your phone model from the official MIUI website – http://ru.miui.com/download.html. After that, you can begin to start work. It should be noted that a computer is not needed for this procedure. The removal procedure is performed in 4 steps:
1) The downloaded file with the firmware in the “.zip” format is dumped only to the device and is not sent to any folder (the flash drive must be removed before working with the SIM card).
2) Log in to "Settings" and then to the menu "About phone".
3) After that, the item "System Update" opens.
4) Three dots are touched in the upper right corner of the display.
5) The section “Select firmware file” is marked. It selects the place where the firmware file was downloaded.
Then it remains only to confirm the selection and wait for the automatic flashing of the smartphone.
What to do if the problem persists
One of the additional ways to clear Xiaomi smartphone from all accounts is to enter Recovery mode. First you need to remove all the SIM cards and memory from the smartphone and then:
- turn off the device;
- press the power button simultaneously with the volume up button and hold until the “Mi” logo appears on the display;
- a language selection window will open in which you need to give preference to English (Chinese developers have not installed the Russian language). This can be done with the power button. She is always responsible for the choice;
- Go to “Wipe and Reset”, and then to “Wipe User Data”;
- entering the last section will require confirmation. Having done this with the power button, you will need to wait for the reboot.
This will complete the restoration. However, it is worth noting that this method is recommended to be used before flashing, as it is less complicated.
In most cases, you can untie Xiaomi from your Mi account yourself. However, if something goes wrong, the responsibility lies entirely with you, so it is advisable to turn to professionals for help. In the service center, qualified employees will solve this problem using specialized software and will make a guaranteed flashing of the device to global versions. You will have to turn to professionals even if there is no firmware for a particular model on the official website.